If you have bought a new TCL Smart TV and want to know how to browse the internet on it, then you are in the right place.
Many people want to browse the internet on their TCL smart TV. But most of them don’t know how to do it, so they keep searching for the solution everywhere online.
One more question that we receive regularly is about the process of installing a Chrome browser on TCL Smart TV, so we have prepared this comprehensive guide to answer all of your questions relating to your Smart TV.
Here we will give you few tips about how to browse the internet on any TCL Smart TV.
We have given a brief explanation of each method so that you can easily understand and implement it.
Things you need to browse the Internet on TCL Smart TV
For this setup, you can need the following things:
- Wireless Internet Connection/ Wired Internet Connection
- Chrome Browser, which we will guide you on how to install on your Smart TV
- USB hard drive
Don’t worry; it will be straightforward; you can easily do it.
We will go step by step, so you don’t have any issues and can understand each part easily.
How To Browse Internet On TCL Smart TV – Easy Guide
One of the most important features that a Smart TV should have is browsing the internet without spending too much.
But how do you browse the Internet on TCL Smart TV? It’s pretty easy to do this. You just need to follow the steps below.
STEP 1: Wireless Connection Setup
To be able to browse the internet first, we have to connect TCL Smart TV to Wi-Fi. This step is crucial; without it, you can’t go ahead.
Smart TV can browse the internet, access services like Netflix, Hulu, Youtube and check mails, watch video clips and pictures, navigate social networks, and much more.
So, when you buy a new Smart TV and turn it on, you will be guided to build a network connection in the setup guide.
If you have forgotten how to do that, it’s okay; we will guide you again to set up a wireless connection on your Smart TV so that you can browse the internet on it again.
Just follow the below guidelines:
- You have to press the button on the remote, and it will open the main screen
- Open Settings by Scrolling down
- From Settings, select “Network.”
- From “Network,” press the right arrow and select “Wireless.”
- When you select “Wireless,” your Smart TV will search for wireless networks
- When you see your network on it, select it
- Type your password using the on-screen keyboard
- Then select “Connect” and press the “OK” button
That’s it now your Smart TV is connected to a Wireless Network.
STEP 2: Installation of Chrome Browser on Smart TV
So, if you are wondering how to browse the Internet on TCL Smart TV, the best solution is to install a browser.
If you are a Chrome Browser fan, you want it to be on your Smart TV because with Chrome Browser; everything is simple and easy.
But if you have an Android Smart TV, you may have noticed that Chrome has stopped working.
This is because Google has blocked most apps that use Android API[s] from installed TVs without requiring root access.
To fix this problem, you will have to either install a different Chrome version or use a third-party extension.
Thankfully, there is an awesome fix for this very situation that you can read about below.
You can easily set up this popular web browser on any TCL Android Smart TV.
- First, you need to identify your TV’s Architecture; for this, you have to download an App called AIDA64.
- Go to Google Play Store and install the App.
- When you have installed the AIDA64, open it and click in the CPU section, as shown in the image below.
- Under the CPU section, notice the supported ABIs. You can write it down somewhere or refer to it later as we will need it for downloading the compatible version for your Smart TV.
- Now we need to download Google Chrome on a USB drive from a laptop or desktop PC.
- To Download Google Chrome for Smart TV go to the https://www.apkmirror.com/ website, and search google chrome in the search bar.
- When you click on search, You will get many results on the left side, scroll down and click on “Google Chrome: Fast & Secure.”
- Now it will open the Google Chrome Download options; you will find the complete archive of previous versions, each having different “Architecture.”
- You already noted your supported ABI via AIDA64 App. Locate your supported ABI in the Architecture column, find your version, and download it.
- Transfer downloaded APK file from your laptop to USB drive.
- To install Google Chrome on Smart TV, you have to download and Install FX Manager for your Smart TV; go to Google Play Store on your Smart TV and Install it.
- When FX File manager is downloaded, connect your USB drive to Smart TV, open the file manager, and locate your flash drive.
- Open the APK file of Google Chrome from a USB drive that you copied from your computer and install it.
- When the installation is complete, we have to find it because the Chrome browser is not visible from the home screen.
- To find the Google Chrome Browser, you have to type “google chrome” in the search bar located at the top left side of your Smart TV home screen.
That’s it; now you can start browsing the internet on your TCL Smart TV and enjoy.
Smart TVs are becoming increasingly popular, and many people want to know: Is it possible to browse the internet on a TCL Smart TV?
The answer is yes! You can connect your TCL Smart TV with the internet using the steps mentioned above and enjoy surfing online on your Smart TV.
You can either use an Ethernet cable or a Wi-Fi connection to connect your smart television to the internet. Also, you can use Google cast and mirroring apps to access the net on your smart television.
The smartest and freeway is to install a browser like Google Chrome.
We hope you got all the answers you were looking for. If you have more questions, the following FAQs may help, Thank You!
To get Google on your TCL Smart TV, you have to use a Chromecast device. Chromecast is a small $35 device that you plug into the HDMI port on your TV.
Once plugged in, you can use your smartphone to “cast” content to your TV.
No. Smart TVs don’t necessarily have a Web browser. Some do, and some don’t. For example, Samsung Smart TVs, LG Smart TVs, and Sony Smart TVs have a Web browser.
But Panasonic Smart TVs and Vizio Smart TVs don’t have a Web browser.
There could be many reasons if your Smart TV is not connecting to the internet like:
1. Your Wi-Fi turned off
2. The Wi-Fi is out of reach
3. Someone changed the Wi-Fi password
4. Software issue in Smart TV
5. You have a hardware issue
You can try some of these steps to fix internet issues in Smart TV
1. Refresh your Smart TV connection
2. Try different ways to connect it ( Ethernet or Mobile Hotspot)
3. Restart your Smart TV
4. Test the Ethernet cable
5. Force power cycle your router and modem
6. Reset your TV and router to see if that solves the problem
If you do not have a wireless network at home, you can connect your TCL Smart TV to your home network with an Ethernet cable.
You can plug an Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on the back of your Smart TV to make the wired connection.
If your Smart TV doesn’t have an Ethernet port, you can use a USB to Ethernet adapter.
TCL smart TV offers great apps like YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon Video just to name a few. Moreover, their quality is much higher than other similar brands.