If you’ve been using Smart Lock to keep your personal info securely stored in Google and your phone unlocked, you’re definitely aware of how useful it can be.
However, with more and more people using Smart Lock and adding more devices to the mix, it can get a little messy. That’s why Google has given us the ability to simply turn off Smart Lock whenever we please.
If you don’t know what a smart lock is, then let us introduce this feature to you. Google Smart Lock is a tool that allows you to unlock your phone without entering your passcode.
There are a number of ways to unlock your phone using Smart Lock like you can use your device location as an option or some other Bluetooth device.
So as far as you are in that location or that device is near your device, you will not need a password or pin, and you will be automatically signed into all your accounts.
It also allows users to bypass the lock screen if they recognize the user’s face, voice, or nearby devices.
Google Smart Lock remembers your login information for many of your online accounts. This makes it faster and easier to access your favorite websites.
Instead of having to enter your email address or account password every time you visit, Google Smart Lock does it for you. This feature is on by default in newer Google apps and devices.
If you own an Android device, there’s a fair chance that you’re fully acquainted with Google Smart Lock — It’s a handy system for most of us, but it can be annoying, and it may even be unsafe for some users.
There are times when you may want to turn off Google Smart Lock. This situation may arise if you lose your phone or tablet or sell the device.
You can also turn off Google Smart Lock in certain situations, such as when you use a third-party authenticator app to secure your account. You can turn off Google Smart Lock on both Android and iOS devices.
Before deciding whether you should turn off the Smart Lock feature or not, let us see the advantages and disadvantages of using it.
Learn How to Turn Off Google Smart Lock – 4 Easy Steps
If you are still wondering how to turn off google smart lock, don’t worry; here is a step-by-step guide. Follow the guide, and you will be able to turn off the smart lock in no time.
STEP 1: Open your Android device Settings.
STEP 2: Scroll down click on “Lock Screen” on some devices, it is in “Security“
STEP 3: You will be asked to enter a pin code or password, enter your lock screen password
STEP 4: Now, you will have three options to turn off trusted devices or places and on-body detection. You can turn off any of them or turn off all of them.
That’s it. You have turned off your smart lock on your device.
Advantages of using Google Smart Lock
- You can set your android phone to unlock automatically when you are near your house.
- Unlock automatically when connected to your car Bluetooth.
- You can also set your phone to unlock when near your Bluetooth earphones.
- You don’t have to log in every time you open an app
- It will remember all passwords, so you don’t have to remember them all.
Disadvantages of using Google Smart Lock
- The biggest issue with Google Smart Lock is that if you lose your phone, anyone can access your data by unlocking your phone.
- It can be tricked into unlocking even when it shouldn’t. It’s an issue that security researchers have discovered and say that, if exploited, it could represent a huge security vulnerability.
- It is possible that you lose your phone, and someone finds it or steals it, then gets into your account with all the photos which have been synced to Google.
- The majority of people use their phones to store a lot of personal information, from their social security number to their home address to their credit card numbers. All of this information is sitting on your lock screen, just waiting for someone to swipe the screen and find out your personal information.
- Smart Lock is really useful on your phone, but it’s not as secure as using a strong password.
Google Smart Lock is a very convenient feature of google that can save your time and remove the hassle of manually inputting passwords again and again. But sometimes this convenience can become unnecessary, and you don’t want to use it anymore.
Turning Smart lock-off is as easy as turning it on, and In this guide, we have explained in simple steps how to turn off Google Smart Lock.
If you any more questions, please let us know. We would love to help you!